Board of Commissioners Information
The Housing Authority of Queen Anne's County is an independent Authority created under Article 44A of the Annotated Code of MD. This legislation enumerates both the extent and limits of the Housing Authority's powers.
The Housing Authority's By-laws govern its' operation and defines the powers and responsibilities of its officers.
The HA is governed by a five member Board appointed by the Queen Anne's County Commissioners for five-year staggered terms.
The Board of Commissioners meets monthly to oversee the management of the Housing Authority and set Housing Authority Policy.
The meetings are normally held at the Housing Authority's Offices located in the Torchio building at 205 Water Street, Suite 100 in Centreville at 4:00 PM on the second Monday of the Month. However, meetings are occasionally held on other Dates, times and locations so please check meeting schedule ahead of time.
All meetings are open to the public but seating is limited.
Board of Commissioners
The current Housing Authority of Queen Anne's County Board of Commissioners include:
- Richard D. Cira, Chairman - Term expires June 30,2021
- Tonya D. Brown-Johnson, Vice Chairwoman - Term expires June 30,2020
- JoAnne N. Brice - Term expires June 30,2023
- Robert Udoff - Term expires June 30,2024
- Courtney Billups - Term expires June 30,2022
2020 Board Meeting ScheduleMeetings are held at 4:00 PM at 205. E. Water Street Suite 100 Centreville, MD 21617. Copies of the the Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes are available upon request in the management office.
- January 13, 2020
- February 10, 2020
- March 9, 2020 at Foxxtown Senior Center
- April 13, 2020
- April 21, 2020 Special Meeting
- May 11, 2020
- June 8, 2020
- July 13, 2020
- August 10, 2020 at Terrapin Grove Senior Center
- September 14, 2020
- October 12, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 14, 2020